During the end of this week, Veeam has been released a minor update of Veeam Backup & Replication, with some enhancements and bug fixing. These are the enhancements:
- PuTTy has been updated to version 0.80.
- Malware detection based on file system activity analysis now creates a dedicated log file for each bulk file modification event to help you identify which files were removed or renamed.
- The location of the corresponding log file is now displayed directly in the session logs and the event details.
- Added the ability to quickly and conveniently exclude all extensions that caused false-positive malware detection events from future monitoring directly from the event properties dialog.
Note: Customers are advised to exclude extensions from monitoring only after verifying that a legitimate line of business application is producing the corresponding files.
- The monitored malware extensions management dialog was updated with an inline search capability that looks up the extension to ensure the correct syntax is used when excluding extensions from monitoring.
- Hardened repository servers and other managed Linux servers that were initially registered by leveraging single-use credentials no longer require enabling SSH Server and providing SSH credentials to perform Veeam components upgrade.
These are the resolved issues:
- Storage-level corruption guard email reports ignore the status-based event filter in the Global Email notification settings.
- Scan Backup does not leverage system locale settings and instead always displays the restore point date in the dd/mm/yyyy format.
- A rare condition of high CPU usage by the CatalogDataService.
- For configuration databases migrated from Microsoft SQL to PostgreSQL, job reports fail to open with the error:invalid XML content
- Disk blocks backing the swap file (pagefile.sys) are not excluded from backup when the corresponding option is enabled.
- Backup jobs fail to process VMs from two or more datastores backed by IBM SVC or derivative storage with FlashCopy snapshots enabled.
- In rare circumstances, CDP policies may experience a data loss.
- Performing an “Entire VM Restore” with the option “Restore to a new location, or with different settings” performs a restore over the original VM despite a new VM name and vApp being selected in the restore wizard.
- SureBackup jobs are prevented from starting by a Transaction Log Backup Job, causing them to fail with the error:Cannot start Surebackup job to the latest restore point as some linked jobs are still running
- SureBackup jobs using Hyper-V-based virtual labs fail to process agent backups, displaying the error:Exception of type ‘System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException’ was thrown
- SureBackup jobs fail to start for certain machines, causing the error:The virtual machine cannot be powered on because the number of virtual CPUs is not a multiple of the number of cores per socket configured in the virtual machine
- Creating an object storage repository using Azure Storage with an Entra ID using a certificate for credentials fails with the error:Failed to initialize Azure token requester client with certificate credentials
- Offloading backups to an object storage repository backed by IBM Cloud fails with the error:Unable to find the specified file
- After upgrading to Veeam Backup & Replication 12.1, File-to-Tape job with no inclusion file mask specified process no data, whereas such configuration was previously treated as an implicit *.* inclusion mask.
- A Tape Job attempting to re-use a tape media that has been recently marked as available to use due to expired media pool retention may fail with the following error:The range specified in the FOR loop cannot have a NULL value
- NDMP tape jobs are erroneously included in the warning about File-to-Tape jobs requiring a license.
- Upgrading to version 12.1 from 11a fails if a File-to-Tape or NAS Backup job contains a folder with an apostrophe ( ‘ ) symbol in its name.
You can download the latest update at this link – KB4510: Release Information for Veeam Backup & Replication 12.1 and Updates
After the update, under Help -> About, you should see latest build installed v184.108.40.206. Please note that a reboot may be required after installing the update.