Today Anton Gostev has published a great news for all Endpoint lovers. Is available the Release Candidate with these features:
- Backup directly into Veeam backup repositories
- Full support for Bitlocker drive encryption on backup and restore
- Ability to control power state of the computer after daily backup
- “When backup target is connected” event (former “On storage attach” event) now supports both USB drives and remote storage (triggers when you connect to a network from which your remote backup target is reachable)
- Metered connections are now detected and will not be used to perform backup to remote targets
- More smart way of handling retries (both in scheduler and UI).
- Customizable backup destination folder
- Support for rotated USB drives
- Backup is automatically prevented from starting when a device is running off battery and battery level is less than 20%
- Slightly improved backup performance (local data movers “talk” over shared memory, as opposed to network sockets)
- Recovery Media enhancement (virtual keyboard w/multi-language layout support, USB 3.0 devices support)
- New shiny setup!
Today is also available the RC for Veeam Backup & Replication v8 Patch 2. This update will improve the integration with Endpoint Free and will introduce many new features like:
- Restore guest files and application items from endpoint backups
- Export physical disks contents into VMDK/VHD/VHDX virtual disk files
- Basic monitoring and management of all incoming backups, including email notifications to B&R admins about endpoint backup status
- Ability to assign end users permissions on individual backup repositories (permission settings dialog becomes available upon the first connection attempt from Veeam Endpoint Backup to a B&R server, before that it can be accessed by Ctrl-right-clicking the backup repository)
- Traffic throttling settings from Global Network Traffic Rules now apply to Veeam Endpoint Backup jobs as well
- Support for endpoint backups in Backup Copy and Backup to Tape jobs
- Ability to encrypt endpoint backup stored in Veeam backup repositorites
Rembember that RC patch are not supported in production and disable the upgrade to RTM version. Ready for the game?