An update rollup for the Azure File Sync agent was released today which addresses the following issues:
- Files are not tiered after upgrading the Azure File Sync agent to version 4.x.
- AfsUpdater.exe is now supported on Windows Server 2019.
- Miscellaneous reliability improvements for sync.
More information about this update rollup:
- This update is available for Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 installations that have Azure File Sync agent version 126.96.36.199 or later installed.
- The agent version of this update rollup is 188.8.131.52.
- A restart may be required if files are in use during the update rollup installation.
Installation instructions are documented in KB4481059