An update rollup for the Azure File Sync agent v7 was released today which addresses the following issues:
- Storage Sync Agent (FileSyncSvc) crashes if the proxy configuration is null
- Server endpoint will start BCDR (error 0x80c80257 -ECS_E_BCDR_IN_PROGRESS) if multiple endpoints on the server have the same name
- Cloud tiering reliability improvements
More information about this update rollup:
- This update is available for Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 installations that have Azure File Sync agent version 220.127.116.11 or later installed.
- The agent version of this update rollup is 18.104.22.168.
- A restart may be required if files are in use during the update rollup installation.
The Azure File Sync v7.2 update is currently being flighted to servers which are configured to automatically update when a new version becomes available. Once fighting completes, this update will be available on Microsoft Update and Microsoft Download Center. Flighting means that the release is offered to a limited number of servers first and expands to more severs gradually. It may not be offered to your server right away even if it’s configured to automatically update when a new version becomes available. To immediately install the Azure File Sync v7.2 update, manually download the update from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Installation instructions are documented in KB4490497.