Fellows, the Flighting phase has completed so we have an update rollup for the Azure File Sync agent v7 released today which addresses the following issues:
- Accessing or browsing a server endpoint location over SMB is slow on Windows Server 2012 R2
- Increased CPU utilization after installing the Azure File Sync v6 agent
- Cloud tiering telemetry improvements
- Miscellaneous reliability improvements for cloud tiering and sync
More information about this update rollup:
- This update is available for Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 installations that have Azure File Sync agent version 126.96.36.199 or later installed.
- The agent version of this update rollup is 188.8.131.52.
- A restart may be required if files are in use during the update rollup installation.
Update rollup for the Azure File Sync Agent is available from Microsoft Update and by manual download.
Installation instructions are documented in KB4490496.