Last week System Center 2022 Update Rollup 1 was announced, but only for Virtual Machine Manager and Data Protection Manager. The product team worked above all with a view to supporting SQL Server 2022 but also Azure Stack HCI 22H2. No updates for Operations Manager, Orchestrator and Service Manager, which will arrive next month.
Data Protection Manager
- Support for SQL Server 2022
- SQL Self Service Recovery Tool
- Support for O365 SMTP & port 587
- Fix: Restoration of Hyper-V VMs fails when ISO is attached
- Fix: DPM 2022 agent silent installation with /q switch doesn’t close the terminal automatically
- Fix: Recovering a VMware disk which has a disk excluded recovers all disks
- Fix: Long term backup to Tape crashes DPM with Null ShadowCopy error
More info about DPM UR1 are available in this article – Update Rollup 1 for System Center 2022 Data Protection Manager – Microsoft Support.
Virtual Machine Manager
- Azure Arc Management
- Support to SQL Server 2022
- Support to Azure Stack HCI 22H2
- Support to VMware ESXi 7.0
- Network improvements
- Fix: After installing UR patch, the Agent Version in the VMM Server view is not updated correctly Highly available VMM environment
- Fix: VMM console crashes with “OutOfMemoryException” due to orphaned checkpoint data
- Fix: V2V migration fails as free space is calculated for an incorrect Cluster Shared Volume
- Fix: Unable to create Azure Profile in VMM 2022 RTM
In this release, VMM dependencies on deprecated SCOM Management Packs are removed. If you have an active SCOM – VMM integration, read this article – Update Rollup 1 for System Center 2022 Virtual Machine Manager – Microsoft Support.