The Azure File Sync agent v15.1 is being flighted to servers which are configured to automatically update when a new version becomes available or manually download the update from the Microsoft Update Catalog. This is a minor release so we have some bugfix:
- Low disk space mode to prevent running out of disk space when using cloud tiering.
- Low disk space mode is designed to handle volumes with low free space more effectively. On a server endpoint with cloud tiering enabled, if the free space on the volume reaches below a threshold, Azure File Sync considers the volume to be in Low disk space mode. In this mode, files are tiered to the Azure file share more proactively and tiered files accessed by the user will not be persisted to the disk. To learn more, see the low disk space mode section in the Cloud tiering overview documentation.
- Fixed a cloud tiering issue that caused high CPU usage after v15.0 agent is installed.
- Miscellaneous reliability and telemetry improvements.
- This release is available for Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019 and Windows Server 2022 installations
- The agent version for this release is 22.214.171.124