The 2020 for Veeam’s customers is closing with a great news, in particular for all companies that need to protect their Office 365 tenant. The new Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 introduce several new features and enhancements but one for the most important is for sure the full support to Microsoft Teams.
With the purpose-built backup and new built-in Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams, it’s now easy to protect, browse and granularly restore Teams data, including entire teams, specific channels, tabs, content and settings. In addition to flexible data recover and export options, Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams provides unmatched eDiscovery, allowing for granular search across Teams components for seamless governance and compliance.
Teams is not only the star of v5 because the product team has been work to introduce scalability and performance enhancements plus other general enhancements. Here a list of the most important:
- 5X backup infrastructure scalability increase is delivered with the support of up to 50 remote proxies per a single backup server
- Workgroup environment support addresses the needs of cloud deployments and releases the domain requirement for Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 components. Additional remote proxies can now be deployed in workgroups, allowing for easier management and scaling up your backup infrastructure
- Faster population of objects in the backup job wizard reduces to minutes the time for creating or editing backup jobs via the UI for Office 365 organizations with more than 100,000 users, groups and sites. Additionally, searching for individual objects is now performed directly on the Azure AD side, which significantly speeds up finding a specific user, group or site you want to protect
- 2X faster backup data migration to object storage from local repositories
- Faster backup and more efficient digesting of massive SharePoint Online sites achieved through parallel processing of individual lists and improved handling of failed items within lists
- Faster management operations and improved UI responsiveness for larger-scale deployments achieved with the optimized communication between backup infrastructure components
- Thousands of backup repositories, OneDrive accounts and Exchange items represented within seconds with the optimized RESTful API calls
- Faster SharePoint and OneDrive restores initiated through optimized RESTful API calls
- Improved speed of export to PST achieved through parallel processing of mailbox folders
- Enhanced backup job scheduling allows you to define the permitted time window for the job and the offset to specify the exact time when the job must start
- Collecting and exporting Veeam Explorers log files becomes easier through using the Support Information wizard in the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 console
There’s nothing to say about upgrade because is the classic “next-next-finish” but is important remember that the upgrade repository may require several minutes (depends by disk size and performance).
In the meantime, Veeam has released an update to fix these issues:
- After upgrading to Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 version 22.214.171.1241, a local backup repository fails to upgrade with the “Error: JetError -1605, JET_errKeyDuplicate, Illegal duplicate key” error
- Personal sites are not backed up with a job is configured to protect entire organization
- Updating the installed product license fails with the “Failed to check for license update” error
- Checking for available product updates fails with the “Failed to check for updates” status
- After upgrading version 5, browsing backups with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange fails with the “Unable to find mailbox account” error
- In a local repository configured with the snapshot-based retention, Teams data that is within the specified retention period may be not available for browsing after retention cleanup was applied