Last week Veeam has released a new cumulative update for Veeam Backup & Replication 10 that adds support for recently released platform versions:
- VMware vSphere 7.0 U1 support including new vSphere API version awareness, support for VMs with virtual hardware version 18 and automatic exclusion from processing of the new system VMs used by the vSphere Clustering Service (vCLS) as cluster agents for the High Availability feature.
- Microsoft Windows 10 version 20H2 and Microsoft Windows Server version 20H2 support as guest OS of VMs protected by host-based backups, for servers and workstations protected by agent-based backups, as Hyper-V hosts and for the installation of Veeam Backup & Replication and its components.
- RHEL 8.3 and SLES 15 SP2 distributions support by Veeam Agent for Linux 18.104.22.1682 (included in the update).
- Added support for S3-compatible object storage with versioning enabled and object lock disabled on the bucket (for example, Backblaze B2 cloud object storage). When registering such buckets, users will get a warning asking to ensure the bucket is set to clean up older object versions to avoid extra costs.
This patch includes a number of fixes for the issues, most significant of which are listed below:
- NAS backup: multiple bugs were fixed around corner scenarios based on support cases from early adopters. We recommend that all customers using file share backup job install this patch due to the significant number of fixes it brings.
- Image-level backup: two potential data loss scenarios were addressed in the primary backup jobs and in the backup import functionality.
- Object storage: scale-out backup repository status email report should now correctly show the offload status.
- V2V/P2V conversion logic: in some environments, UEFI-based Windows machines cannot boot after restore stuck at the boot diagnostic screen due to new disk partitioning settings failing to apply to the target VM disks intermittently (added retries in case of a failure).
- Linux credentials: editing the root password in the existing PKI-based credentials sets the new password into the passphrase.
- Tape support: fixed an issue with right-clicking the Tape Infrastructure node of the management tree; duplication of agent-based backup records in the configuration database after each tape cataloging run; restore from tape failing with the “This information not in cache File” error.
- RMAN plug-in: Veeam Explorer for Oracle database restore issue for Oracle version 18 or latter, intermittent autobackup failures due to the backup session closing before autobackup starts.
- Veeam Cloud Connect: replication jobs fails under certain circumstances with SQL error referring to the FK_OIBs_Storages table; the Tenants node of the management tree takes a long time to open due to a non-optimal SQL query.