After a couple of months since the public release, Veeam has unleased a new update for the Availability Suite 9.5. The latest Update 4a contains several bug fixes and few improvements; but at end of all, the package resolves a lot of issues about stability.
About the improvements, we have four news:
- Support to VMware vSphere 6.7 U2 – including support for virtual hardware version 15
- Support to Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2019
- Support to Dell EMC Data Domain using DD OS 6.2
- Support for Japanese
This is the list of solved issues:
- Certificate verification issues cause the backup console taking to long to open, or failing to open with “Object reference not set to an instance to an object” from backup console or “Could not load file or assembly” error in the log.
- Upgrade to Update 4 fails with the “Database version downgrade detected … Reboot and restart the setup” error on machines where system time regional format uses a.m. and p.m. (lowercase with dots).
- SureBackup jobs start failing after upgrading to Update 4 due to virtual lab settings incorrectly updated by the configuration upgrade, in case of lack of free disk space in the vPower NFS cache folder.
- On Hyper-V versions prior to 2016, jobs with application-aware processing disabled fail with “The system cannot find the file specified” error.
- Backup of Windows XP SP1 VMs fails with the “Failed to call RPC function Vss.GetFileFromGADir” error.
- Various primary storage integration issues with HPE Nimble, NetApp, IBM and Dell EMC VNX storage.
- Tape support reliability issues, including a number of UI performance issues with tape management functionality.
- HPE StoreOnce Catalyst library memory leak issue (solved by updating the library to version 188.8.131.52).
- VeeamZIP™ operation incorrectly consumes a license for VMs that were previously licensed by regular backup jobs.
In addition, the product team has fixed over 300 minor bug. This is a good but also a bad news for Veeam because in the last period we see a decadence about the product’s quality (without forget the vanished promises on Veeam Availability v10).
Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4a is already available from this link: https://www.veeam.com/kb2926