The Azure File Sync agent v14.1 is being flighted to servers which are configured to automatically update when a new version becomes available or manually download the update from the Microsoft Update Catalog. This is a minor release so we have some bugfix:
- Tiered files deleted on Windows Server 2022 are not detected by cloud tiering filter driver
- This issue occurs because the DeleteFile API on Windows Server 2022 uses the FILE_DISPOSITION_INFORMATION_EX class to delete files. The v14.1 release adds support for detecting tiered files deleted using the FILE_DISPOSITION_INFORMATION_EX class.
- Note: This issue can also impact Windows 2016 and Windows Server 2019 if a tiered file is deleted using the FILE_DISPOSITION_INFORMATION_EX class.
- This release is available for Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019 and Windows Server 2022 installations
- A restart is required for servers that have an existing Azure File Sync agent installation if the agent version is less than version 12.0
- The agent version for this release is 184.108.40.206
Azure File Sync Agent v14.1 Release – December 2021 (microsoft.com)