Today Veeam has released a new cumulative update for Veeam Backup & Replication 11a that adds support for recently released platform versions plus new features, enhancements and fixes for the original V11a builds:
- Microsoft Windows 11 and Microsoft Windows 10 21H2 support as guest OS, Hyper-V hosts (as a target for Instant Recovery and SureBackup), for installation of Veeam Backup & Replication components, and for agent-based backup with the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 5.0.2 (included in 11a P20211211).
- RHEL/CentOS/Oracle Linux 8.5, Ubuntu 21.10, Fedora 35 distributions are now supported as guest OS, for the installation of Veeam Backup & Replication components, and for agent-based backup with the Veeam Agent for Linux 5.0.2 (included in 11a P20211211). The latter also supports Linux kernel up to version 5.16 and no longer requires installing the linux-image-<version>-dbg package on Debian 11.
- Oracle Database 21c support by application-aware processing of image-level backup including redo log backup, by Veeam Plug-in for Oracle RMAN, and by Veeam Explorer for Oracle.
- RHEL 8.4 for SAP Solutions and SLES 15 SP3 for SAP Applications support for Veeam Plug-in for SAP HANA.
- VMware Carbon Black compatibility for vSphere VMs processing.
- LTO-9 support. Tape jobs will now identify and display the media calibration process in the Action log and will no longer time out should this process takes longer than 15 minutes.
- Platform: added API extensions enabling Kasten K10 integration and configuration backup/restore for upcoming versions of Veeam Backup for AWS/Azure/GCP; deleting cloud-native backup appliance will no longer delete the corresponding external repositories to facilitate configuration backup restore.
- SOBR Capacity Tier: increased timeout for certain long-running object storage operations (like clean up) to 25 hours; fixed the root causes behind offload failures with “Block not found”, “The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint” and “No recovery record was found for storage key” errors.
- Tape: fixed NDMP performance regression introduced in 11a; added support for Kasten K10 backups and backup copies to Backup to Tape jobs as well as support for restoring such backups from tape.
- Microsoft Azure: region settings have been moved into the configuration file to allow for enabling Archive Tier functionality there as Microsoft rolls out the Archive Storage class to additional regions.
- Microsoft Hyper-V: the presence of empty SCVMM tag should no longer cause various issues in the related functionality; VMs from nested HostGroups should no longer be skipped from processing; application-aware processing failures on VMs with a very large number of network adapters.
- VMware Cloud Director: the new plug-in version 11.1.7 adds support for: deployment with very large number of organization; LDAP-integrated users with multiple roles; installation side by side with other data protection plug-ins; browsers with the locale set to a language not present in the language picker.
- Veeam Cloud Connect: evacuating backups of a particular tenant should no longer lock the entire SOBR extent preventing other tenants from accessing their backups; encrypted tenant backups should now be correctly unpublished following the restore from Archive Tier; tenants should again be presented with an choice of keeping or removing their replicas when removing cloud hosts.
- Scale-out backup repository (SOBR): initiating SOBR rescan with one of Performance Tier extents being in maintenance mode, and taking said extent out of the maintenance mode at the specific moment of the Rescan process results in all backup files on this extent replaced with stubs downloaded from Capacity Tier.
- SOBR Capacity Tier: under certain circumstances, copy/offload to Capacity Tier starts failing with the “Attempt to overwrite existing non-sparse block version” error.
- SOBR Archive Tier: a rare situation involving an interruption or a failure of the S3 API call to object storage during the specific operation may place Capacity Tier into a state resulting in further Archive Tier offload attempts failing with the “Specified key does not exist” error.
- Email notifications: backup job email notifications are missing information about datastores with a lack of free disk space.
- User interface: some UI nodes may show outdated job status information, requiring users to press F5 to refresh the view and actualize it.
- HPE StoreOnce: updated HPE StoreOnce Catalyst library to version 4.2.4, which includes a fix from intermittent “Pipeline hanged” errors when reading data from the corresponding backup repository.