Fellows, the Flighting phase has completed so we have an update rollup for the Azure File Sync agent v8 released today which addresses the following issues:
- Faster recovery times for recovery done through Azure Backup. Restored files will sync back down to Azure File Sync servers much faster
- If you have tiered files that are failing to recall, you can now view the recall errors in the server endpoint properties. Also, the server endpoint health will now show an error and mitigation steps if the cloud tiering filter driver is not loaded on the server
- The Az\AzureRM PowerShell module is no longer required to register the server making installation simpler and fast
- Miscellaneous performance and reliability improvements
More information about this update rollup:
- This update is available for Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 installations that have Azure File Sync agent version 18.104.22.168 or later installed
- The agent version of this update rollup is 22.214.171.124
- A restart may be required if files are in use during the update rollup installation
Update rollup for the Azure File Sync Agent is available from Microsoft Update and by manual download.
Installation instructions are documented in KB4511224.